I just found two interactive narrative sites well worth visiting:
- How I Was Played by Online Caroline by Jill Walker
- Visit the Online Caroline site by clicking on this link: http://www.onlinecaroline.com (every time you go on, I get an email from Caroline in response to whatever you say or do, which I will post within your responses). Ben said the direct link wasn’t working, so just go into the main site and use the password I gave you.
Interact as much as you can with the Online Caroline site and respond to both the site and article in this response assignment, considering (and discussing) the effect and/or possible effects of this type of interactive narrative.
- What are the drawbacks and potential benefits?
- What about this type of interactive narrative seems to work well or not? Why or why not?
- How does this type of narrative reflect or seem to help inform our understanding of some of the larger cyberculture concepts we’ve discussed in class?
ALSO: for extra credit, write about whatever most took your attention (and why) within the film Deja Vu. In order to receive the extra credit, your response to Deja Vu MUST be in addition to (not instead of) the above post requirement.